Users of the Service may be Clients, Freelancers, Employers, or Agencies
Information You Provide to Us
When you use the Service, you may provide us with information about you. This may include your name and contact information, financial information to make or receive payment for services obtained through the WONO platform, or information to help us fill out tax forms. When you use the Service, we may also collect information related to your use of the Service and aggregate this with information about other users. This helps us improve our Services for you. You may also provide us with information about your contacts or friends if, for example, you’d like to add those contacts to a message chat. Agencies may also provide us with information about Freelancers and Clients associated with the Agency.
- Personal Information: In the course of using the Service (whether as a Client or Freelancer or Agency), we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
- Payment Information: If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card or other financial account information, and billing address.
- Identity Verification: We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth or taxpayer identification number, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as to complete tax filings. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
- General Audience Service: The Service is general audience and intended for users 18 and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 18. If we become aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our files. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child younger than age 18 and believe that WONO has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at: [email protected]
- Combination of Personal and Non-Identifying Information: Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified (for example, combining information with your name). But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information, but WONO will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
- Collection of Third Party Personal Information: We collect the following personal information from you about your contacts or friends: First name, last name, and email address when you provide it to us for the purpose of adding your contacts to a message chat.
Information Collected Automatically
- Web Beacons: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” and/or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what content on our Service is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you, and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Service, to monitor how WONO Users navigate the Service, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Service.
In addition, we and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may use a variety of other technologies (such as tags) that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes and we may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
Our Advertising Partners
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your browsing device (such as a computer or smartphone) when you visit a website. Cookies can be recognized by the website that downloaded them — or other websites that use the same cookies. This helps websites know if the browsing device has visited them before.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how the Site is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DOES WONO USE?
The type of cookies used on most websites can generally be put into one of six categories: Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functionality, Flash, Tailored Content and Targeting. In order to provide you with the best browsing experience, WONO uses all of these categories on the Site. You can find out more about each cookie category in the sections below.
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, some services you have asked for such as payment submission can’t be provided.
These cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for example which pages you go to most often and if you get error messages from certain pages. These cookies don’t gather information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how the Site works.
These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you’re in). For instance, the Site uses functionality cookies to remember your language preference. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you’ve made to text size, font and other parts of pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you’ve asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
We may, in certain circumstances, use Adobe Flash Player to deliver special content, such as video clips or animation. To improve your user experience, Local Shared Objects (commonly known as “Flash cookies”) are employed to provide functions such as remembering your settings and preferences. Flash cookies are stored on your device, but they are managed through an interface different from the one provided by your web browser. This means it is not possible to manage Flash cookies through your browser in the same way you would normally manage cookies. Instead, you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
TAILORED CONTENT COOKIES
Tailored content cookies help the Site provide enhanced features and display content in a way that is relevant to you. These cookies help the Site determine what information to show you based on how you have used the Site previously. These cookies do not track your browsing activity on other websites.
These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information may be shared with other organizations such as advertisers. This means after you have been to the Site you may see some advertisements about our services elsewhere on the Internet.
HOW LONG WILL COOKIES STAY ON MY BROWSING DEVICE?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device until they expire or are deleted.
FIRST AND THIRD PARTY COOKIES
First party cookies are cookies that belong to us, while third party cookies are cookies that another party places on your browsing device through our Site. For example, Facebook will place a cookie on your browsing device if you click on the Facebook link when browsing the Site.
HOW TO CONTROL AND DELETE COOKIES THROUGH YOUR BROWSER
The browser you are using to view the Site can enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help,” “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of the Site for example applying for a job or posting a job. Other parts of the Site may also not work properly. You can find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at www.allaboutcookies.org.
WONO Digital Accessibility Statement
Wono is committed to providing an accessible experience to our customers and the public, regardless of background, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, race, ethnicity, disability status, veteran status, or other similarly protected characteristics. This WONO Digital Accessibility Statement concerns our commitment to providing access to persons with disabilities. Please also see our Nondiscrimination Statement. Please contact our Coordinator at [email protected] to learn more about accessibility support services WONO.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation to access WONO services and information should send an email to [email protected]. Requesters must include contact information such as an email address or telephone number at which they can be reached. Depending on the nature of the request, WONO may need sufficient notice to provide a reasonable accommodation.
WONO strives to provide an accessible digital experience for our users. In the event that a user with a disability experiences accessibility issues with our website or mobile application, please notify us by sending an email to [email protected]. In your communication to us, please specify the nature of the accessibility difficulty, including the web address or mobile application that may have presented an accessibility challenge.
WONO website may contain links to webpages hosted by third parties. WONO does not make representations with regard to the accessibility of third-party websites and is not able to remediate accessibility barriers on such websites.
We are always working to ensure that our products and services are accessible to all guests and the public, including individuals with disabilities. If you have an idea or question about accessibility support services at WONO, please contact our accessibility coordinator by sending an email to [email protected].
WONO mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Key to our mission is that these opportunities should be equally available to all qualified talent in our community, regardless of background, sex, gender, gender identity, nationality, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or other similarly protected characteristics. A condition of using the Site is your agreement not to engage in any unlawful discrimination or harassing conduct. Such conduct is not permitted on WONO by any member of our community. WONO does not require Users to violate local laws or take actions that may subject them to legal liability. Users engaging in this activity are subject to Account closure. Please bring any reports of discrimination or harassment to our attention at [email protected].
How we make changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time and if we do, we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Wono after those changes are in effect, you agree to the new policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
The best way to get in touch with us or to exercise your options described above is through the Help Center. If you live in the United States, Wono Inc. is responsible for your information. You can contact Wono Inc. at 120 St. James Ave FL 6 Boston, MA 02216, USA.